Microsoft Office is a software that brings together the best tools for business, educational institutions as well as for home users. Office is a combination of best-in-class applications including Ms-Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Powerpoint, and Publisher. It has a large number of products and each product serves a unique purpose. For using the various products and managing them, you need an Office Account. Hence, go through the account creation, Office Login process and then you can access various features and products of Microsoft Office.
On creating an Office account, an association occurs between the Office and your account. This verifies you as the licensed owner of the Office software. Now, you can use your Office account for various functions. Some common functions that you can perform from your office account are mentioned below:
- Installation and Activation of Office Software.
- You can access services like Office Online or One Drive.
- Helps in reinstalling the Office.
- Makes creating and sharing of the files easier.
These are some of the common features that can be performed after you complete the Office Login procedure.
Office Account Creation
- First of all, open a web browser.
- Then, visit the official website of Office. For this type “www.office.com” in the address bar.
- Now, click the “Sign In” tab. You will get this option in the middle of the screen.
- This will take you to the Office Sign-in window.
- After that, click “Create one” option. This option is located under the empty field.
- In the account creation window, enter the email address that you want to link with your Office account.
- You can also use your phone number for creating an Office account. For this, click the “Use a phone number instead” option.
- Then, click “Next”.
- Now, enter the password for securing your Office account.
- If you want to see the password that you have entered, then click the checkbox stating “Show Password”.
- After entering the password, click the “Next” option.
- By doing so, you will get a verification mail on the email address which you have provided.
- Open the mail that you have received. You will get a verification code in that mail.
- In the office account creation window, enter the verification code in the required field.
- If you want to get notified by Office, then click the checkbox.
- Now, read the “Privacy Statement” and “Microsoft Services Agreement” by clicking their respective links.
- Now, click “Next”.
- In the next window, enter the captcha characters in the empty field and click “Next”.
This will complete the Office account creation procedure. Now, you can move further with the process of Office Login.
- Firstly, open a preferred web browser.
- Then, move to the official website of Office by typing “www.office.com” in the address bar.
- After that, click the “Sign In” tab from the middle of the screen.
- By doing so, you will reach the Office Sign-in page.
- Now, add the associated email address in the required field.
- Then, click “Next” to continue with the Office login process.
- In the next window, enter the password you have created while creation of your account.
- If you want your Office login details to get saved in your system, then tick mark the checkbox, besides “Keep Me Signed In” option. Although this is an optional step. You can also leave the checkbox unmarked.
- Now, click the “Sign In” option.
This will take you to your Office account. Now you can use the Office account for various functions.
Office Login Issues
Although Office login is an easy and simple procedure. But at times, you may get the login error. It might appear because of various reasons. Some common reasons for Office login error are mentioned below.
- Entering wrong login credentials.
- Forgotten your account password.
- Inactive internet connection.
- Account has been blocked.
- Logging in from a new device or location.
Troubleshooting For Resolving Office Login Errors
Resetting your Password
The most common reason for getting the login error is using the wrong login credentials. Since login credentials are case-sensitive. Hence, you must be very careful while entering the login email address and password. Before moving to the troubleshooting of resetting the password, first, check the login details you have entered.
If the details you have entered are correct and you are still getting the login error or if you forget your Office account password, then you can reset your password by following the below-given procedure.
- First of all, open a web browser.
- Move to the official website of Office.
- Now, click the “Sign In” tab which you get in the middle of the screen.
- In the sign-in window, click “Can’t access your account?” option.
- Then, choose the type of account for which you need help. Select from “Work or School Account” and “Personal Account” options.
- After that, enter the email address or phone number which you have used while creating your account.
- Now, click the “Next” option.
- By doing this, you will receive a verification code on the email address you have provided.
- Enter the code in the required field and click “Next”.
- Then, create a new password. Make sure your password must contain a minimum of 8 characters. It must be strong, unique and difficult to guess password.
- In the next field, re-enter the password for confirmation.
- Now, click “Next”.
- Now, the dialogue box will show the message stating that your password has been changed.
Further, you can use the new password for logging into your Office account. For this click “Sign In” button and use the new password.
Clear Saved Credentials
If you are repeatedly getting the Office login error, then you can try clearing the saved credentials. For this, follow the given procedure.
- Firstly, open the “Windows” icon from the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Then, select “Control Panel” option.
- Now, in the next window, search for “Credential Manager”.
For this, type Credential Manager in the search box located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Then, click the “Credential Manager” option.
- In the next window, you will get two options, “Web Credentials” and “Windows Credentials”.
- Web Credentials contains all the passwords saved by Internet Explorer.
Whereas, Windows Credentials contains all the other credentials.
- Select the desired option.
- Now, search for the resource from which you want to remove the password.
- Click the desired option.
- Then, from the drop-down list, click “Remove” option.
- Now, a popup box will appear asking to confirm the removing of the password. For this, click “Yes”.
This will remove the saved Office password from the system. Now, try the Office login process again.
Resolving The Locked Account Issue
When Office software notices some unusual activity on your Office account, then it temporarily locks your Office account. For unlocking your account, follow the given procedure.
- Go to the official website of Office.
- Click “Sign In” tab.
- In the next window, try logging into your account using the login credentials of a locked account.
- Then, a dialogue box will appear asking you to enter the phone number. This number need not be registered with Office account. You can use any of the number.
- Now, you will receive a security code on the number you have provided.
- After that, enter the security code in the required field.
- Further, in order to unlock your account, change your Office account password by following the on-screen instructions.
This will successfully unlock your Office account. Now, you can use your account for various functions.
Repair Office Application
Many a time, login window indicates the corruption in the application. To resolve the error and to successfully log in, you have to undergo the process of repairing the Office application. For this follow the below-given procedure.
- Open the control panel on your device.
- Then, select the “Programs” option.
- After that, you have to click “Programs and Features” option.
- In the next window, from the list of downloaded applications, locate your Office application.
- Select and then, right-click the Office application.
- Now, you will get two options: Uninstall and Change. Select the “Change” option.
- In the next window, select “Online Repair” option from the available options. This will help in fixing all the issues. Make sure it requires an active internet connection.
This will fix the error and will repair your Office application. Now, you can try logging into your account.
Resolving the Error Of Unusual Sign-in To Your Account
Whenever you try to sign-in using a new device or from a different location, you might get the login error. Since Office considers protecting your account from unauthorized access as a priority. Hence, you are required to confirm your identity.
For this, you will receive an SMS alert on logging in from different devices and locations. While signing in enter the code provided in the SMS alert that you have received. This will confirm your identity and will allow you to log-in to your account.
Use the Troubleshooting Tool
Microsoft has designed the “Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant” tool, which will help you in resolving your various Office related issues. This tool analyzes the issue you are facing and makes the necessary changes to get out of the issue and make your software work smoothly. Now, you don’t need to visit the Microsoft support center again and again for solving your error. Here, you will get the issues including Login errors being resolved in no time.
These are the troubleshooting steps that will help you to solve your Office login error. After this, you can access your account and further use your account for various functions.